GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS PRODUCTS SERISE
STAINLESS STEEL GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS SPECIFICATION
Housing : Stainless steel 304(CF8) or 316L(CF3M)
Rubber Gasket : Standard gasket is EPDM(Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer), the range of working temperature is -50ºC-150ºC,using for cold water,hot water and rare alkaline chemical products.
Bolt&Nuts : Stainless steel bolts&nuts according to international standard models of carriage bolts and flange nuts.Nut is SS304 material.
According to ASTM A743 standard for housing material
–Type 304 to ASTM A743 CF8(304)
–Type 316L to ASTM A743 CF3M(316L)
Size range : 1″to 8″(DN25 to DN200),cutting groove only.
Rated working pressure
–Low pressure flexible coupling 300psi;
–Medium pressure flexible coupling 600psi;
–High pressure flexible coupling 1000/1200psi;
–Super High pressure flexible coupling 1500psi.
LOW PRESSURE STAINLESS STEEL FLEXIBLE GROOVED COUPLING(300psi)
Stainless steel is used as raw material with good corrosion resistance. And there is the natures which is high strength, good toughness and good mechanical properties. According to the precision casting process, the precision of the clamping size is guaranteed.The material has tensile strength which is not less than 600 MPA and the extension is not less than 15%. withstands high pressure and high impact of pipeline by several disadvantage factors.
The gasket seal with special C-shaped design, that is perfect matching with pipeline dimension in order to achieve working pressure.The gasket is tightener while further pressed in order to achieve sealing efficiency.when the Meanwhile, the imported raw material will also be guaranteed the mechanical properties.
Scope of application
ZheJiang Morui Environment&Technology Co., Ltd. (refer to ZheJiang MR), is professional company which is committed to become processing manufacturer of pipeline system solutions. Located in the ZheJiang High-tech Zone as headquarter. There are several branches in ZheJiang , ZheJiang and ZheJiang provinces.
We are not only processing manufacturer, but also it has the own sales and service network. We are able to grasp accurately the clients’ “pain points” that the clients faced. And provide the proper solutions immediately. Because we have the excellent team who are focusing on follow-up service.
The ZheJiang MR company’s products have been widely used in the field of MF, UF and RO system, sewage water system, water supply and drainage, high-pressure desalination system, such as garbage infiltration liquid, electronic, chemical industry, air-conditioning and so on. Our products are compliance with international first-class standard(GB, ASTM, DIN and JIS). Meanwhile providing the professional before-sale and after-sale service to our clients.
Can flexible couplings be used in heavy-duty applications such as mining and construction?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in heavy-duty applications such as mining and construction, where the equipment operates under challenging conditions and encounters high loads, vibrations, and misalignments. Flexible couplings offer several advantages that make them suitable for these demanding environments:
- Misalignment Compensation: Heavy-duty equipment in mining and construction may experience misalignment due to the rough terrain, uneven surfaces, or heavy loads. Flexible couplings can handle both angular and parallel misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission even in these adverse conditions.
- Shock and Vibration Absorption: Mining and construction operations often involve high-impact loads and vibrations. Flexible couplings can dampen and absorb these shocks, protecting the connected components from damage and reducing wear and tear on the equipment.
- Torsional Stiffness: While flexible couplings are designed to accommodate misalignment, they still maintain a certain level of torsional stiffness to transmit torque efficiently. This is crucial in heavy-duty applications, where high torque is required to drive the machinery.
- Corrosion and Contamination Resistance: In mining and construction environments, equipment may be exposed to dust, dirt, water, and chemicals. Flexible couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials can withstand these harsh conditions, ensuring reliable performance and longevity.
- High Torque Transmission: Heavy-duty machinery often requires high torque transmission between the driving and driven components. Flexible couplings are capable of transmitting high torque efficiently, which is essential for the operation of large-scale equipment.
- Reduced Downtime: The robustness and reliability of flexible couplings in heavy-duty applications contribute to reduced downtime. By minimizing the impact of misalignment, shocks, and vibrations, flexible couplings help prevent unexpected breakdowns and maintenance issues.
When selecting a flexible coupling for heavy-duty applications, it’s important to consider the specific requirements of the machinery and the operating conditions. Factors such as the type of equipment, torque and speed requirements, environmental conditions, and expected loads should be taken into account.
Overall, flexible couplings are a versatile solution for power transmission in heavy-duty applications, providing the necessary flexibility, durability, and performance to withstand the challenges posed by the mining and construction industries.
What are the differences between flexible couplings and rigid couplings in terms of performance?
Flexible couplings and rigid couplings are two distinct types of couplings used in mechanical systems, and they differ significantly in terms of performance and applications.
- Torsional Flexibility: The primary difference between flexible and rigid couplings lies in their ability to handle misalignments and torsional flexibility. Flexible couplings are designed with elements, such as elastomeric inserts or metal bellows, that can deform or twist to accommodate shaft misalignments, angular offsets, and axial movements. On the other hand, rigid couplings do not have any flexibility and maintain a fixed connection between the shafts, which means they cannot compensate for misalignment.
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings can absorb and mitigate misalignment between shafts, reducing stress and wear on connected components. In contrast, rigid couplings require precise alignment during installation, and any misalignment can lead to increased loads on the shafts and bearings, potentially leading to premature failure.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings, especially those with elastomeric elements, offer damping properties that can absorb and dissipate vibrations. This damping capability reduces the transmission of vibrations and shocks through the drivetrain, improving the overall system performance and protecting connected equipment. Rigid couplings, being solid and without damping elements, do not provide this vibration damping effect.
- Backlash: Flexible couplings can have some degree of backlash due to their flexibility, particularly in certain designs. Backlash is the play or free movement between connected shafts. In contrast, rigid couplings have minimal or no backlash, providing a more precise and immediate response to changes in rotational direction.
- Torque Transmission: Rigid couplings are more efficient in transmitting torque since they do not have any flexible elements that can absorb some torque. Flexible couplings, while capable of transmitting substantial torque, may experience some power loss due to the deformation of their flexible components.
- Applications: Flexible couplings are widely used in applications that require misalignment compensation, damping, and shock absorption, such as pumps, motors, and industrial machinery. On the other hand, rigid couplings are used in situations where precise alignment is critical, such as connecting shafts of well-aligned components or shafts that require synchronous operation, like in some encoder applications.
In summary, flexible couplings excel in applications where misalignment compensation, vibration damping, and shock absorption are required. They are more forgiving in terms of alignment errors and can accommodate dynamic loads. Rigid couplings, on the other hand, are used in situations where precise alignment and zero backlash are essential, ensuring direct and immediate power transmission between shafts.
Can flexible couplings be used in corrosive or harsh environments?
Yes, flexible couplings can be designed and selected to be used in corrosive or harsh environments. The choice of materials and coatings plays a crucial role in ensuring the coupling’s durability and performance under challenging conditions.
In corrosive environments, it is essential to use materials that can withstand chemical attacks and oxidation. Stainless steel, specifically grades like 316 or 17-4 PH, is commonly chosen for flexible couplings in such situations. Stainless steel offers excellent corrosion resistance, making it suitable for applications where the coupling may come into contact with corrosive substances or moisture.
For certain harsh environments, coupling manufacturers may apply special coatings to enhance the coupling’s corrosion resistance. Examples of coatings include zinc plating, nickel plating, or epoxy coatings. These coatings provide an additional layer of protection against corrosive agents and help extend the coupling’s lifespan.
In environments where the coupling is exposed to contaminants like dust, dirt, or moisture, sealed designs are preferred. Sealed flexible couplings prevent these substances from entering the coupling’s internal components, thus reducing the risk of corrosion and wear. The sealed design also helps to maintain the coupling’s performance over time in challenging conditions.
For harsh environments with high temperatures, flexible couplings made from high-temperature resistant materials, such as certain heat-resistant stainless steels or superalloys, can be used. These materials retain their mechanical properties and corrosion resistance even at elevated temperatures.
For applications where the coupling might encounter chemicals or solvents, it is essential to select a coupling material that is chemically resistant. This prevents degradation and ensures the coupling’s integrity in such environments.
In some cases, where the environment is exceptionally harsh or unique, custom-designed flexible couplings may be necessary. Engineering a coupling to meet the specific demands of the environment ensures optimal performance and reliability.
Consultation with Manufacturers:
When considering flexible couplings for corrosive or harsh environments, it is advisable to consult with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts. They can provide valuable insights and recommend suitable materials, coatings, and designs based on the specific operating conditions.
Flexible couplings can indeed be used in corrosive or harsh environments, provided the appropriate materials, coatings, and designs are chosen. Stainless steel, sealed designs, and special coatings are some of the solutions that enhance the coupling’s corrosion resistance and performance. It is essential to consider the specific environment and application requirements when selecting a flexible coupling to ensure optimal functionality and durability in challenging conditions.
editor by CX 2023-08-30