Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Maintenance Requirements for Flexible Gear Couplings
To extend the lifespan and ensure optimal performance of flexible gear couplings, regular maintenance is essential. Here are the key maintenance requirements:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for flexible gear couplings. Regularly inspect the coupling’s lubrication system and ensure it is filled with the recommended lubricant. Adequate lubrication reduces friction, wear, and heat generation, leading to smoother operation and increased lifespan.
- Inspection: Regularly inspect the flexible gear coupling for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for unusual vibrations, noise, or temperature increases during operation, as these may indicate issues that need attention.
- Torque Monitoring: Periodically check the torque levels to ensure they are within the coupling’s specified limits. Overloading the coupling can lead to premature wear and failure.
- Bolt Tightening: Check and tighten the coupling bolts as needed. Vibrations and continuous operation can cause bolts to loosen over time, affecting the coupling’s performance.
- Alignment: If misalignment is detected during inspection, address it promptly. Proper shaft alignment is crucial for the coupling’s longevity and smooth operation.
- Environmental Considerations: Be mindful of the operating environment. In harsh conditions, such as corrosive or high-temperature environments, additional protective measures may be necessary to safeguard the coupling’s integrity.
Following these maintenance practices will help prevent premature wear, reduce downtime, and extend the lifespan of flexible gear couplings, ensuring reliable and efficient power transmission in the long run.
Reduction of Noise and Damping of Vibrations in Mechanical Systems Using Flexible Gear Couplings
Flexible gear couplings can effectively reduce noise and dampen vibrations in mechanical systems due to their unique design and material properties. The key factors contributing to noise reduction and vibration damping are as follows:
- Tooth Profile: Flexible gear couplings use gear teeth with specially designed profiles that help in smoother meshing and engagement. The teeth geometry allows for gradual contact, minimizing impact and noise during torque transmission.
- Metallic Flexibility: The flexibility of the coupling’s metallic components helps in absorbing and dissipating vibrations generated during operation. This flexibility prevents vibrations from propagating throughout the system, reducing overall noise levels.
- Resonance Damping: Flexible gear couplings can dampen resonant vibrations that might occur in the system. Resonance can lead to increased noise and mechanical stress, but the damping effect of the coupling helps to mitigate these issues.
- Torsional Stiffness: While flexible gear couplings offer flexibility, they also provide sufficient torsional stiffness, ensuring smooth and precise torque transmission. This stiffness prevents excessive torsional vibrations from being transmitted to connected components.
- Misalignment Compensation: The ability of flexible gear couplings to accommodate misalignments between shafts further reduces mechanical stress and vibrations, enhancing the overall performance of the system.
Due to these features, flexible gear couplings are commonly used in applications where noise reduction and vibration damping are crucial. They find applications in various industries, including heavy machinery, steel mills, power generation, and pulp and paper manufacturing, where smooth and quiet operation is essential for the efficiency and longevity of the equipment.
Proper Installation of Flexible Gear Couplings for Optimal Performance and Reliability
Proper installation of a flexible gear coupling is crucial to ensure its optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Here are the steps to follow for a successful installation:
- Inspect the Coupling: Before installation, carefully inspect the coupling components, including the hubs, gear teeth, and flexible element, for any damage or defects.
- Clean the Components: Ensure that all components are clean and free from dirt, debris, and any contaminants that could affect the coupling’s performance.
- Check Alignment: Verify that the shafts of the connected equipment are properly aligned within the manufacturer’s recommended tolerances. Misalignment can lead to premature wear and failure of the coupling.
- Grease or Lubricate: Apply the appropriate coupling lubricant or grease to the gear teeth and the flexible element. Lubrication helps reduce friction, heat generation, and wear.
- Assemble the Coupling: Carefully assemble the coupling by aligning the gear teeth of the hubs and the internal sleeve. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for the correct orientation and positioning.
- Tighten Fasteners: Gradually tighten the fasteners, such as bolts or screws, in a cross-pattern to ensure even pressure distribution. Do not overtighten, as it can cause deformation of the coupling components.
- Perform a Trial Run: After installation, perform a trial run to check for any abnormalities, unusual noises, or vibrations. Monitor the coupling during the trial run to detect any potential issues.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule to inspect and lubricate the coupling periodically. Follow the manufacturer’s maintenance guidelines to ensure the coupling’s continued performance and reliability.
- Replace Worn Components: If any components of the coupling show signs of wear or damage during maintenance inspections, replace them promptly to prevent further issues.
It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions and guidelines specific to the flexible gear coupling model to achieve the best results. Proper installation enhances the coupling’s ability to handle misalignment, transmit torque efficiently, and ensure reliable operation in the power transmission system.
editor by CX 2023-09-27