FCL flexible coupling is widely used,owing to its advantages:compact designing,easy installation,convenient maintenance,small size and light weight.As long as the relative displacement between shafts is kept within the specified tolerance,coupling will operate the best function and have a longer working life.
Size available from:90,100,112,125,140,160,180,200,224,250,280,315,355,400,450,560,630
FCL flexible coupling is widely used for its compact design, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight.
1. A flexible structure that is made through combining a flange with a coupling bolt.
2. Easy to attach.
3. Easy to replace the bush by just removing the coupling bolt, which makes maintenance and preservation easy.
4. Absorbs misalignment such as eccentricity and declination, and absorbs screw vibrations to prevent noise.
5. Does not transmit the thrust load.
6. Material could be customized.
Packaging & Shipping
|Package||Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
What are the temperature and environmental limitations of flexible couplings?
Flexible couplings are designed to operate within certain temperature and environmental limitations to ensure optimal performance and longevity. The specific limitations may vary depending on the type and material of the coupling. Here are the general considerations:
- Temperature Range: The temperature range in which a flexible coupling can operate is crucial. High temperatures can affect the material properties, leading to reduced flexibility and potential failure. Low temperatures can cause the material to become brittle and lose its ability to accommodate misalignment. It’s essential to choose a coupling suitable for the intended temperature range of the application.
- Corrosive Environments: In environments with corrosive substances, such as acids, chemicals, or saltwater, it is essential to select a flexible coupling made of materials that are resistant to corrosion. Stainless steel and certain polymers are commonly used in such environments to prevent degradation and maintain the coupling’s integrity.
- Hygienic Environments: For applications in food processing, pharmaceuticals, or cleanrooms, hygienic design is critical. Flexible couplings used in these environments should be easy to clean, made of materials that are non-toxic and resistant to contamination, and free from crevices or pockets where debris can accumulate.
- Explosive or Hazardous Atmospheres: In environments where explosive or hazardous gases, vapors, or dust are present, flexible couplings with anti-static properties or explosion-proof certifications may be necessary to prevent the risk of ignition and ensure safety.
- Outdoor Applications: For outdoor installations, flexible couplings should be able to withstand exposure to weather conditions, UV radiation, and temperature fluctuations. Couplings with weather-resistant properties are suitable for such applications.
- High-Speed Applications: In high-speed applications, the centrifugal forces on the flexible coupling increase with rotational speed. Couplings designed for high-speed applications should be balanced to minimize vibrations and ensure smooth operation.
- Shock and Impact Loads: Flexible couplings used in applications with significant shock or impact loads should have the ability to dampen and absorb these forces to protect connected equipment from damage.
- Continuous vs. Intermittent Duty: Some flexible couplings are designed for continuous-duty applications, while others are suitable for intermittent duty or start-stop operations. The coupling’s design and material should match the specific duty cycle requirements.
It is essential to consult with the coupling manufacturer or supplier to understand the temperature and environmental limitations of a specific coupling model. Proper selection and application of flexible couplings within their defined limitations contribute to reliable and efficient performance in various industrial and mechanical systems.
How does a flexible coupling accommodate changes in shaft alignment due to thermal expansion?
Flexible couplings are designed to accommodate changes in shaft alignment that occur due to thermal expansion in rotating machinery. When equipment operates at elevated temperatures, the materials used in the shafts and other components expand, causing shifts in the relative positions of the connected shafts. This thermal expansion can lead to misalignment, which, if not addressed, may result in additional stress on the equipment and premature wear.
Flexible couplings employ specific design features that allow them to handle thermal-induced misalignment effectively:
- Flexibility: The primary feature of a flexible coupling is its ability to flex and deform to some extent. This flexibility allows the coupling to absorb small amounts of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment that may result from thermal expansion. As the shafts expand or contract, the flexible coupling compensates for the misalignment, helping to maintain proper alignment between the two shafts.
- Radial Clearance: Some flexible couplings, such as elastomeric couplings, have radial clearance between the coupling’s mating parts. This radial clearance provides additional room for the shafts to move laterally during thermal expansion without creating excessive forces on the coupling or connected equipment.
- Sliding Elements: Certain flexible couplings feature sliding elements that can move relative to each other. This capability allows the coupling to accommodate axial displacement resulting from thermal expansion or other factors.
- Flexible Element Materials: The materials used in the flexible elements of the coupling are chosen for their ability to handle the temperature range experienced in the application. Elastomeric materials, for example, can be selected to withstand high temperatures while still maintaining their flexibility.
It is essential to understand that while flexible couplings can compensate for some degree of thermal-induced misalignment, there are limits to their capabilities. If the thermal expansion exceeds the coupling’s compensating range, additional measures, such as incorporating expansion joints or using specialized couplings designed for greater misalignment compensation, may be necessary.
When selecting a flexible coupling for an application with potential thermal expansion, it is crucial to consider the expected operating temperature range and the level of misalignment that may occur due to thermal effects. Working with coupling manufacturers and consulting coupling catalogs can help in choosing the most suitable coupling type and size for the specific thermal conditions of the machinery.
Can flexible couplings be used in corrosive or harsh environments?
Yes, flexible couplings can be designed and selected to be used in corrosive or harsh environments. The choice of materials and coatings plays a crucial role in ensuring the coupling’s durability and performance under challenging conditions.
In corrosive environments, it is essential to use materials that can withstand chemical attacks and oxidation. Stainless steel, specifically grades like 316 or 17-4 PH, is commonly chosen for flexible couplings in such situations. Stainless steel offers excellent corrosion resistance, making it suitable for applications where the coupling may come into contact with corrosive substances or moisture.
For certain harsh environments, coupling manufacturers may apply special coatings to enhance the coupling’s corrosion resistance. Examples of coatings include zinc plating, nickel plating, or epoxy coatings. These coatings provide an additional layer of protection against corrosive agents and help extend the coupling’s lifespan.
In environments where the coupling is exposed to contaminants like dust, dirt, or moisture, sealed designs are preferred. Sealed flexible couplings prevent these substances from entering the coupling’s internal components, thus reducing the risk of corrosion and wear. The sealed design also helps to maintain the coupling’s performance over time in challenging conditions.
For harsh environments with high temperatures, flexible couplings made from high-temperature resistant materials, such as certain heat-resistant stainless steels or superalloys, can be used. These materials retain their mechanical properties and corrosion resistance even at elevated temperatures.
For applications where the coupling might encounter chemicals or solvents, it is essential to select a coupling material that is chemically resistant. This prevents degradation and ensures the coupling’s integrity in such environments.
In some cases, where the environment is exceptionally harsh or unique, custom-designed flexible couplings may be necessary. Engineering a coupling to meet the specific demands of the environment ensures optimal performance and reliability.
Consultation with Manufacturers:
When considering flexible couplings for corrosive or harsh environments, it is advisable to consult with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts. They can provide valuable insights and recommend suitable materials, coatings, and designs based on the specific operating conditions.
Flexible couplings can indeed be used in corrosive or harsh environments, provided the appropriate materials, coatings, and designs are chosen. Stainless steel, sealed designs, and special coatings are some of the solutions that enhance the coupling’s corrosion resistance and performance. It is essential to consider the specific environment and application requirements when selecting a flexible coupling to ensure optimal functionality and durability in challenging conditions.
editor by CX 2023-09-21