Drum Gear Coupling Shaft Coupling (GICL)
Drum type coupling is just flexible coupling, coupling is made within the same number of ring gear and belt tooth flange half couplings and other parts. Divided into straight teeth and drum tooth outside 2 kinds of tooth profile, drum gear coupling Allows a larger angular displacement (as opposed to straight tooth coupling), can improve the tooth contact conditions, improve the ability to transfer torque, prolong service life.
With the radial, axial and angular and axial deviation compensation ability, has the advantages of compact structure, small turning radius, its large carrying capacity, high transmission efficiency, low noise and long maintenance cycle, especially suitable for low speed and heavy load condition, such as metallurgy, mining, lifting, transportation and other industries are also applicable to the drive shaft of petroleum and chemical industry, general machinery and other kinds of machinery.
HangZhou CHINAMFG Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a particular test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all customers with customized PDF or AI format artwork.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
Compensation for Axial, Angular, and Parallel Misalignments with Flexible Gear Couplings
Flexible gear couplings are known for their ability to accommodate various types of misalignments, including axial, angular, and parallel misalignments. Here’s how they compensate for each type:
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment occurs when the two shafts move closer or farther away from each other along the axis of rotation. Flexible gear couplings can absorb this type of misalignment through their flexible design, allowing the gear teeth to articulate and adjust to the axial movement without transmitting harmful forces to the connected equipment.
- Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the two shafts are not collinear and form an angle with each other. Flexible gear couplings can accommodate angular misalignment by allowing the gear teeth to articulate and flex as the shafts are angularly displaced. This flexibility ensures that torque transmission remains smooth and minimizes stress on the coupling and connected equipment.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment happens when the two shafts are offset horizontally while maintaining parallelism. Flexible gear couplings can handle this misalignment by utilizing their flexible elements to adjust to the lateral displacement of the shafts. The ability to compensate for parallel misalignment prevents excessive forces from being transmitted to the machinery, protecting it from damage.
Thanks to their design and material properties, flexible gear couplings provide a reliable solution for compensating for axial, angular, and parallel misalignments, making them suitable for a wide range of applications in various industries.
Potential Causes of Failure in Flexible Gear Couplings and Prevention
Flexible gear couplings, like any mechanical component, may experience failures if not properly maintained or operated. Some potential causes of failure and ways to prevent them include:
- Misalignment: Misalignment between the shafts can cause excessive stress on the coupling components, leading to failure. Regularly check and align the shafts to ensure they are properly aligned within specified tolerances.
- Overloading: Exceeding the rated torque capacity of the coupling can result in premature failure. Always operate within the recommended torque limits and avoid sudden shock loads.
- Poor Lubrication: Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction, wear, and overheating. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for lubrication frequency and use the correct type of lubricant.
- Corrosion: Exposure to corrosive environments can degrade the coupling’s material over time. Select couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials or use protective coatings when necessary.
- Fatigue: Cyclic loading and continuous operation can cause fatigue failure in flexible gear couplings. Ensure the coupling is rated for the application’s required number of cycles and replace it if it shows signs of fatigue or wear.
- Temperature: Operating the coupling at temperatures beyond its limits can lead to material degradation and reduced performance. Check the coupling’s temperature rating and operate within the specified range.
Regular inspection, maintenance, and adherence to the manufacturer’s guidelines are essential to prevent failure and ensure the reliable performance of flexible gear couplings. Implementing preventive measures can extend the couplings’ lifespan, minimize downtime, and enhance the overall efficiency of the machinery they are part of.
Proper Installation of Flexible Gear Couplings for Optimal Performance and Reliability
Proper installation of a flexible gear coupling is crucial to ensure its optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Here are the steps to follow for a successful installation:
- Inspect the Coupling: Before installation, carefully inspect the coupling components, including the hubs, gear teeth, and flexible element, for any damage or defects.
- Clean the Components: Ensure that all components are clean and free from dirt, debris, and any contaminants that could affect the coupling’s performance.
- Check Alignment: Verify that the shafts of the connected equipment are properly aligned within the manufacturer’s recommended tolerances. Misalignment can lead to premature wear and failure of the coupling.
- Grease or Lubricate: Apply the appropriate coupling lubricant or grease to the gear teeth and the flexible element. Lubrication helps reduce friction, heat generation, and wear.
- Assemble the Coupling: Carefully assemble the coupling by aligning the gear teeth of the hubs and the internal sleeve. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for the correct orientation and positioning.
- Tighten Fasteners: Gradually tighten the fasteners, such as bolts or screws, in a cross-pattern to ensure even pressure distribution. Do not overtighten, as it can cause deformation of the coupling components.
- Perform a Trial Run: After installation, perform a trial run to check for any abnormalities, unusual noises, or vibrations. Monitor the coupling during the trial run to detect any potential issues.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule to inspect and lubricate the coupling periodically. Follow the manufacturer’s maintenance guidelines to ensure the coupling’s continued performance and reliability.
- Replace Worn Components: If any components of the coupling show signs of wear or damage during maintenance inspections, replace them promptly to prevent further issues.
It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions and guidelines specific to the flexible gear coupling model to achieve the best results. Proper installation enhances the coupling’s ability to handle misalignment, transmit torque efficiently, and ensure reliable operation in the power transmission system.
editor by CX 2023-10-21