Stainless Steel Flexible Double Universal Cardan Joint Wsp Type Retractable Small Cross Shaft universal joint coupling
Cardan shaft is widely used in rolling mill, punch, straightener, crusher, ship drive, paper making equipment, common machinery, water pump equipment, test bench, and other mechanical applications.
1. It is suitable for transmission coupling space on the same plane of 2 axis angle beta β≤45°, the nominal torque transmission 11.2-1120N.
2. The WSD type is a single cross universal coupling, and the WS type is a double cross universal coupling, the WSS type is a telescopic universal coupling.
3. Each section is between the largest axis angle of 45º.
4. The finished hole H7, according to the requirements of keyseating, has 6 square holes and a square hole.
5. The angle between the 2 axes is allowed in a limited range as the work requirements change.
Packing & shipping:
1 Prevent from damage.
2. As customers’ requirements, in perfect condition.
3. Delivery : As per contract delivery on time
4. Shipping : As per client request. We can accept CIF, Door to Door etc. or client authorized agent we supply all the necessary assistant.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artworks in PDF or AI format.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 5: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 6: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
What are the common installation mistakes to avoid when using flexible couplings?
Proper installation is crucial for the reliable and efficient performance of flexible couplings. Here are some common installation mistakes to avoid:
- Incorrect Alignment: One of the most critical installation errors is improper alignment of the driving and driven shafts. Misalignment can lead to premature wear, increased vibration, and reduced power transmission efficiency. It is essential to align the shafts within the specified tolerances provided by the coupling manufacturer.
- Over-Tightening: Applying excessive torque to the coupling’s fasteners during installation can cause damage to the flexible elements and decrease their ability to accommodate misalignment. It is essential to follow the recommended torque values provided by the coupling manufacturer to ensure proper clamping without over-tightening.
- Improper Lubrication: Some flexible couplings may require lubrication of their flexible elements or moving parts. Failure to lubricate as recommended can lead to increased friction, wear, and reduced service life of the coupling.
- Using Damaged Couplings: Before installation, it is crucial to inspect the flexible coupling for any signs of damage or defects. Using a damaged coupling can lead to premature failure and potential safety hazards. If any damage is detected, the coupling should be replaced with a new one.
- Wrong Coupling Selection: Selecting the wrong type or size of the coupling for the application can result in inadequate performance, premature wear, and possible coupling failure. It’s essential to consider factors such as torque requirements, speed, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions when choosing the appropriate coupling.
- Ignoring Operating Conditions: Failure to consider the specific operating conditions, such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to corrosive substances, can lead to accelerated wear and reduced coupling lifespan. Choosing a coupling that is compatible with the operating environment is essential.
- Ignoring Manufacturer Guidelines: Each flexible coupling comes with specific installation guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Ignoring these guidelines can lead to suboptimal performance and potential safety issues. It is crucial to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions during installation.
By avoiding these common installation mistakes and following best practices, the reliability, efficiency, and service life of flexible couplings can be maximized, leading to improved performance of the mechanical system as a whole.
How does a flexible coupling handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery?
A flexible coupling is designed to handle torsional vibrations in rotating machinery by providing a degree of flexibility and damping. Torsional vibrations are oscillations that occur in the drivetrain due to torque variations, sudden load changes, or other transient events. These vibrations can lead to resonance, excessive stress, and premature failure of components.
Flexible couplings mitigate torsional vibrations through the following mechanisms:
- Torsional Compliance: Flexible couplings have an element, such as an elastomeric insert, that can deform or twist to absorb torsional shocks. When the drivetrain experiences torsional vibrations, the flexible element flexes, effectively isolating and dampening the vibrations before they propagate further.
- Damping: Many flexible couplings have inherent damping properties, especially those with elastomeric components. Damping dissipates the energy of the torsional vibrations, reducing their amplitude and preventing resonance from occurring.
- Tuned Design: Some flexible couplings are specifically designed with specific torsional characteristics to match the drivetrain’s requirements. By tuning the coupling’s stiffness and damping properties, engineers can ensure optimal torsional vibration control.
- Torsional Stiffness: While flexible couplings provide flexibility to absorb vibrations, they also offer a degree of torsional stiffness to maintain the torque transmission efficiency between the shafts.
It is important to select the appropriate flexible coupling based on the specific torsional characteristics and requirements of the rotating machinery. Different applications may demand different types of couplings with varying levels of flexibility and damping. High-performance flexible couplings can effectively minimize torsional vibrations, protecting the drivetrain and connected equipment from excessive stress and potential damage.
Additionally, proper alignment of the flexible coupling during installation is crucial to ensure its optimal performance in mitigating torsional vibrations. Misalignment can introduce additional stresses and exacerbate torsional issues in the system. Regular inspection and maintenance of the flexible coupling will help identify any signs of wear or damage that may affect its ability to handle torsional vibrations effectively.
What are the maintenance requirements for flexible couplings?
Maintenance of flexible couplings is essential to ensure their reliable and efficient performance over their service life. Proper maintenance helps prevent premature wear, reduces the risk of unexpected failures, and extends the lifespan of the couplings. Here are some key maintenance requirements for flexible couplings:
- Regular Inspection: Perform regular visual inspections of the flexible couplings to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for cracks, tears, or any other visible issues in the coupling components.
- Lubrication: Some flexible couplings, especially those with moving parts or sliding surfaces, may require periodic lubrication. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding the type and frequency of lubrication to ensure smooth operation.
- Alignment Checks: Misalignment is a common cause of coupling failure. Regularly check the alignment of the connected shafts and adjust as necessary. Proper alignment reduces stress on the coupling and improves power transmission efficiency.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitoring the torque transmitted through the coupling can help detect any abnormal or excessive loads. If the coupling is subjected to loads beyond its rated capacity, it may lead to premature failure.
- Environmental Protection: If the couplings are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, take measures to protect them from dust, dirt, moisture, and corrosive substances. Consider using protective covers or seals to shield the couplings from potential contaminants.
- Temperature Considerations: Ensure that the operating temperature of the flexible coupling is within its designed range. Excessive heat can accelerate wear, while extremely low temperatures may affect the flexibility of certain coupling materials.
- Replace Worn or Damaged Parts: If any components of the flexible coupling show signs of wear or damage, replace them promptly with genuine replacement parts from the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Follow the maintenance guidelines provided by the coupling manufacturer. They often include specific maintenance intervals and procedures tailored to the coupling’s design and materials.
- Training and Expertise: Ensure that maintenance personnel have the necessary training and expertise to inspect and maintain the flexible couplings properly. Improper maintenance practices can lead to further issues and compromise the coupling’s performance.
By adhering to these maintenance requirements, you can maximize the service life of the flexible couplings and minimize the risk of unexpected downtime or costly repairs. Regular maintenance helps maintain the efficiency and reliability of the coupling in various industrial, automotive, and machinery applications.
editor by CX 2023-11-16